The Excelsior Group, a growing Property Management/Investment company, is looking for a full-time Property Manager to join our team.
This position is primarily responsible for providing premier execution of strategic plans for properties to which incumbent is assigned. Key duties include effectively leading a portion of property staff while holding the property team accountable for TEG’s Core Values; building confidence with property owners and asset managers by providing, among other things, thorough and timely communication of status updates for assigned responsibilities; effectively managing relationships with property tenants, representatives of the property owner, landlord leasing representatives, tenant leasing representatives, and property service vendors; as well as identifying and implementing operational innovations that lead to differentiated service to building tenants and building owners.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish and maintain strong, hospitality-focused relationships with all tenants to provide the consistent delivery of TEG’s Core Values of Humility, Integrity, Positivity, Passion, Initiative, and Excellence to ensure the highest level of tenant satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients/joint venture partners and manage the relationship as it pertains to properties under management. Assist Operations Directors in overall portfolio management relationship, if applicable.
- Direct/develop and implement aggressive annual revenue maximization and expense management practices in order to achieve maximum Net Operating Income. Make strategic value decisions that allow the property to operate within the operating expense and Common Area Maintenance budget. Maximize revenue growth opportunities by delivering outstanding tenant service and identifying revenue maximization strategies and tactics. Direct/manage operating expense projects and service agreements to achieve the best possible service while meeting the budget and schedule in accordance with the approved annual business plan. All spending and contracting must be executed according to what is allowed by the Property Management Agreement.
- Provide ongoing recommendations on Capital Expenditures and develop Property 5 Year Capital and Major Repair plan on an annual basis.
- Manage/direct the ongoing operations of TEG staff and vendors at assigned properties to include administration, maintenance and repair, leasing tours and vacant space marketing, renovation and construction, personnel and financial activity. Maintain involvement and provide necessary assistance to engineering and project management with capital expenditure projects to include, but not limited to, overseeing vendors, ensuring building rules and regulations are followed, and maintaining ongoing tenant communication and interaction to ensure tenant satisfaction.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all operations and financial policies, procedures and systems. Ensure the implementation and ongoing utilization/compliance with all company policies, procedures, technology and systems required for the effective operation across portfolio of assigned properties.
- Partner with assigned leasing team and Asset Manager to facilitate existing tenant renewals and expansions through participation in meetings and review of lease proposals. Responsibility will also include reviewing and providing feedback on development of all property lease agreements and amendments by working with owner, leasing team, and legal counsel.
- Ensure the implementation of weekly and monthly maintenance inspection program to monitor the efficiency and condition of building, and the required maintenance follow up to ensure all action items identified from inspections are addressed satisfactorily and timely.
- Prepare and ensure the timely completion of monthly and quarterly management reports, to include but not limited to, budget variance reports, reforecasts and income and expense reports with variances noted.
- Responsible for the ongoing collection of tenant rents.
- Implement and maintain proper risk management practices to include consistent fulfillment of vendor insurance obligations, building life safety and security procedures, and implementation of incident/accident prevention measures and analysis. Maintain tenant and vendor certificates of insurance, tenant emergency notification information, building life safety security procedures, as-built drawings, building certificates of occupancy, warranty manuals and others’ records required for the proper administration of all assigned properties.
- Onboard new properties and participate in due diligence as necessary.
- Pursue professional development through BOMA, IREM or other industry and trade organizations. Develop and maintain relationships with key clients/tenants, industry and trade associations, government representatives, public service organizations, and vendors as necessary in the overall management of the property.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualification Standards
- Alignment with our core values, including passion for the position’s responsibilities, demonstrable humility and commitment to learning, high level of personal and professional integrity, commitment to excellence, a positive disposition, and the ability to take initiative and make effective recommendations.
- Real estate license required.
- CPM or RPA designation preferred.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, real estate, finance, or a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in property management of commercial office buildings is required. Previous experience with multi-building portfolio preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and tactfully in writing and verbally, with all levels of employees, residents, commercial tenants, owners, vendors, and the general public.
- Strong planning, organizational, prioritization, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to take initiative and make effective recommendations.
- Ability to follow instructions, respond well to management direction, objectively receive positive and negative feedback, and take accountability for work product.
- Ability to provide instructions and objectively deliver positive and negative feedback to supervisees and vendors.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills with the ability to work well independently and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Proven ability to complete projects in a timely manner with a well-developed sense of urgency, high attention to detail, and follow-through skills.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting practices and an understanding of financial statements.
- Ability to understand and interpret legal documents such as leases and service contracts.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to personnel, property finances, and other sensitive information.
- Proficiency in Office Outlook, Word, and Excel, and the internet, with the willingness and ability to learn new and evolving technology as necessary.
- Follow and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write, spell, speak, and understand English fluently.
- Ability to accurately perform basic math.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Ability to travel within the metro area for business related tasks. Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and access to a vehicle.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
Our Vision: To be the most admired real estate firm in the markets where we do business.
Our Mission: To provide innovative real estate solutions that create measurable value for our stakeholders.
Our Core Values: Excellence, Integrity, Initiative, Humility, Positivity, and Passion.
Voted one of the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal's 2018 Best Places to Work.
We offer a competitive salary, full benefits package, and performance incentive plan.
The Excelsior Group is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.